My Client is looking for a capable and experienced communications manager to help supply chain employees understand their role in helping the wider Consumer Healthcare business win and feel connected with their colleagues in Commercial and R&D; translate business and corporate priorities in a meaningful way for supply chain employees; and represent supply chain successes/challenges/considerations to the wider business.
Exciting opportunity with Global Blue chip Pharmaceutical business
- Develop and deliver an effective communications strategy and plans to deliver against business priorities and aligned with the Consumer Healthcare communications strategy.
- Provide strategic counsel to supply chain and site leaders in relation to internal employee engagement, external media environment and issues management.
- Lead initiatives and projects on behalf of the Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain CGA team.
- Support the Leadership Team and sites to bring innovation, performance and trust priorities to life for employee across the supply chain and at sites.
- Help ensure high employee engagement is achieved at manufacturing sites to support execution of business strategy, including improvement in performance on the supply chain fundamentals (quality, safety, and customer service) and financials (working capital and cost).
- Support senior leaders in Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain by providing communications counsel and coaching, particularly around engaging employees and their counterparts in other parts of the business, and supporting development of effective messaging.
- Work closely with other teams in Communications and Government Affairs to manage issues arising that have broader impact.
- When Communications expertise is required, represent Supply Chain Communications on Product Incident Review Committees (PIRCs) and work with CGA colleagues on issues management related to product or site issues.
Candidate will have a proven track record of developing and delivering communications strategies that are effective at both a global and local level, including how to engage a culturally diverse and remote workforce, many of whom are not regular PC users.
Proven crisis/issues management experience
* Experience working with employees in a manufacturing site/supply chain or other remote/virtual environment
* Strong interpersonal and networking skills, capable of developing productive relationships with internal colleagues across the supply chain, the broader organisation and externally
* Ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels within the organisation
* Ability to work in, and lead teams, often highly matrixed around the company
* Ability to deliver and present high-quality communications strategies and plans
* Strong business acumen and ability to analyse complex problems with a high degree of analytical rigour
* Ability to identify and proactively mitigate potential issues, escalating where necessary and to respond decisively to rapidly evolving situations
* Ability to build trust, always operating with a high degree of integrity and discretion
* Proactive, flexible and self-motivated - able to work both autonomously and in a team
* Resilient - able to adapt quickly and positively to change and to cope effectively with pressure and a demanding workload
* Cultural awareness and ability to work across different geographies
4-6 month contract paying a day rate of £500 ++