Are you a recent graduate? Do you wish to increase your classroom experience but you're unsure what the next step is? Are you interested in working alongside a teaching qualification or work towards a PGCE? If the answer is yes then 'Cover Supervisor' work with Randstad Education could be for you!
On behalf of our Northwich Secondary School we are looking for a cover supervisor who can work on a day-to-day ad hoc basis, but this could lead to something more long-term in future.
This is a great opportunity to enhance your exposure to different schools and ages and be excited by the prospect of an incredibly varied week!
- Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant with 24 hour on-call facility
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding and 'Team Teach' (positive behaviour management strategies)
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Flexible hours and working patterns
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- The experience of working with this age group; cover supervision is excellent preparation for someone looking to do a PGCE in future
- You would need to be available to start as soon as possible.
- Being willing and able to supervise classes of 11-18 year olds, using strategies to manage behaviour in line with school policy
- Delivering lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved
- Engaging with the pupils and keeping them on task, assisting with queries where possible
- Dealing with any immediate issues or emergencies according to the school policies and procedures
- Our requirements for this post mean you must:
- Have experience of working with secondary age children, which can be referenced (voluntary work included)
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- Be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable
- Be able to establish rapport quickly with children whilst maintaining a high standard of control and discipline
- A degree qualification or a qualification in teaching and learning support is an advantage
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for over twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, specialising in specific locations such as Sefton, and we now also have a dedicated team looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match.
All candidates will be required to undergo child protection and UK eligibility checks. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary, via email on or by telephone at the Liverpool branch on .