Technical Sales Consultant (South West)
A vacancy has arisen for a Technical Sales Consultant for the South West of England. This position will suit a highly motivated individual with experience in the automatic gate, barrier or bollard industry, the job description is outlined below.
To raise awareness of Company products generally, and to maintain existing customers and generate new business sales within a given territory and comply with full reporting procedures back to Head Office at all times.
You may also be required to represent the Company at trade shows, exhibitions, and other events at the company’s discretion. These may be in the UK or may be abroad.
You may be required to perform such other and/or additional duties within your skill and competence as the Business may require.
- To plan and execute a growth strategy for the given sales territory by means of personal, face to face, meetings and verbal and written communication
- To maintain and develop relationships with existing clients, and to increase business through these channels
- To identify and progress new sales opportunities using all available resources (such as word of mouth, leads from Head Office and colleagues, visual identification during daily travel, attendance at shows and exhibitions and from printed and electronic sources).
- To meet, as a minimum, sales and new account targets as set by Sales Director
- To monitor competitor activity (promotions, pricing, new products etc.) and report to Head Office as appropriate
- To process and deliver routine paperwork from Head Office and maintain accurate and effective records and reports as necessary, including forecasts of expected orders
- To process customer quotes in an effective and timely manner
- To work from office at least once per month
- To attend and staff shows and exhibitions upon request
- To keep abreast of the latest products and disseminate this information to clients as appropriate
- To achieve, sustain and exceed sales targets
This list is not exhaustive.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The person appointed will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, pro-active and organised, with a strong customer focus and the ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
The individual should have a demonstrated interest in gate automation, access control equipment, barriers, fixings and sundry items
It is a varied role, and the post holder will demonstrate an ability to multitask calmly and efficiently within a busy and demanding environment.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience within a similar role
- Highly motivated team player with a desire to meet targets
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Driver, with clean licence
- Strong customer focus
- Microsoft Office skills essential (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The working hours are 8.30am- 5.00pm. However, you will be required to work such hours as is necessary to carry out the role.
The person appointed would also be required to attend a number of shows and exhibitions, together with training and customer visits which may necessitate overnight stays.