Are you creative, innovative and passionate about meeting customer needs? Our Furniture team is going from strength to strength, and we're looking for a Product Manager to support this growth by taking ownership ofdefined ranges from conception to delivery through our various channels to market. This means engaging confidently and knowledgably across our customer base, using the insights gained to develop new products and ensure that they are marketed appropriately to achieve divisional targets.
Utilise your creative flair, strong interpersonal skills and commercial awareness to develop factored and NPD product ranges, managing design, content, format, copy and photography in line with production deadlines and divisional expectations.
- Build excellent relationships with customers, practitioners, advisors and teachers, representing the company professionally at all times.
- Develop creative, innovative and commercially viable NPD ranges.
- ork closely with our Purchasing teams to understand the supply chain, product delivery and where efficiencies can be gained
- Own the design, content, format, photography and copy of given ranges; ensure product information is accurate in the Product Information Management system.
- Maximise the sales of your product ranges both online and offline, working with the Direct Marketing and Digital Merchandising teams to create seamless marketing campaigns.
- Work with the team to deliver the Furniture catalogue and any other print jobs as required.
- Regularly produce accurate reports (including range analysis) reviewing the performance of your products, and working with the Head of Department to identify and address any areas for improvement.
- Support the development of the Furniture Marketing Strategy, customer development and retention plans, and marketing activity planning as required.
- Represent the division and the company at relevant exhibitions and events (some overnight stays and weekend working will be required).
Skills & experience
- A degree in a related subject and/or relevant professional qualifications would be advantageous.
- Previous product marketing experience, preferably gained within a mail order or FMCG environment.
- An understanding of the education sector, current trends and developments.
- Accurate analytical and administrative skills, with a high degree of IT literacy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Full UK driving licence with no more than six points
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Voluntary Dental Plan
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Voluntary Critical Illness Cover
- Voluntary Health Assessments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Give As You Earn (GAYE)
- Employee Referral Scheme
RM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all permanent and temporary staff to share this commitment. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.