Job Title: Site Buyer
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
- We are currently recruiting a Site Buyer for our client based in Northampton, the role will be reporting to the Head of Purchasing and will be working with our client's external global suppliers.
- The position will be responsible for procuring external sourced components and services covering steel and aluminum purchases.
Key Responsibilities of the Site Buyer:
- Creation and management of Purchase Orders
- Scheduling and expediting of production material
- Maintenance of purchase information on ERP systems.
- Goods receipt activities
- Management & resolution of invoice queries
- Site representative for purchasing at daily production meetings
- Supplier meetings and performance management of suppliers.
- NPI support including raising of enquires to support new tenders
- Delivery of the category set purchase strategy
- Contribution to cost initiatives
- Shortage reporting & supply issue resolution
- Support the resolution of inbound poor quality
- Involvement in continuous improvement.
- Any other duties deemed necessary to support the business.
Key Experience of the Site Buyer:
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Fully conversant with M.S. Office particularly, Excel.
- Experience of materials management and stock control.
- Ability to liaise with internal customers.
- Experience of expediting and managing suppliers.
- Knowledge of both ERP / MRP and manual stock control.
- Ability to fit into a small team, with good interpersonal skills.
- A 'can do' attitude with experience of working in a collaborative style.
- Prepared to be "hands on" if circumstances dictate.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience would also be advantageous although not essential.
- Prepared to travel to suppliers and group locations (Travel expectation approximately of 20 - 25%)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment