CloudOps (DevOps) Engineer, Risk Advisory
Deloitte Solutions Factory is looking for Cloud/DevOps engineers who are passionate about building applications at scale in cloud platforms such as AWS. You will have a background in the design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure and applications
In this role you will be based in our Cardiff delivery centre and work on projects with our business and supporting functions. You will architect and build cloud-based solutions using a wide range of technologies and the full range of AWS services, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets.
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project you might contribute to building an application optimised for the cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project you might convert manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate them using tools such as CloudFormation. From an operations perspective, you will be required to set up monitoring and alerting for AWS/Azure workloads and to participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule
- Support cloud architecture and solutions optimised for AWS/Azure to meet project requirements
- Contribute to writing scripts to automate the deployment of AWS/Azure architecture and solutions
- Create and maintain continuous Cloud platform monitoring and respond to alerts
- Contribute to setting up and managing backups, patching, upgrades of different technologies and AV/malware software across the environments
- Setup Security on AWS environments to ensure the infrastructure is aligned with Cloud Security Standards
- Manage and fix Security vulnerabilities identified on the AWS Cloud platform
- Apply best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams
- Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
- Provide first and second line technical support to a variety of stakeholders - be able to identify and troubleshoot technical issues and resolve or escalate as appropriate to SMEs or TL
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience:
- Ability to support enterprise applications and solutions using AWS, Azure or Google
- Knowledge and understanding of networking concepts - able to design and implement VPCs, VPNs, virtual networks and load balancers on AWS and Azure.
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as CloudFormation, PowerShell, etc
- Knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, git, Jira, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communicator and decision maker
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rota
- Occasional travel to other Deloitte sites
- Scripting or programming experience (Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (eg RHCE)
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal
Requisition code: 160315