Quality Manager - Nottingham
Quality Manager / Continuous Improvement Manager
Company; Packaging specialists within branded and healthcare markets.
- The role focuses on compliance, customers and continuous improvement activities to create a total quality culture and reduce quality costs in line with best practice procedures.
- The Quality Manager coordinates and administers the company's Health & Safety, Quality, BRC and ISO programs in accordance with the customer and company requirements.
- Drives improvement activities to support quality and financial performance, lead key improvement projects evolving through customer requirements, legislative changes and amendments of the Pharmaceutical code to ensure compliance with standards and accreditation audits.
- Review the quality system as appropriate to ensure full compliance with customer and company best practice guidelines and maximize effectiveness of production contributing to consistent operational performance and standards whilst ensuring conformance to ISO9001:2008 and PS9000:2001 and environmental standards and accreditations
- Provide authoritative guidance and advice on all aspects of quality to the site management team and employees; train and coach employees improving knowledge and skills in quality improvement
- Recruit, develop, motivate and manage a QA team that optimises quality operations and is flexible in the support it offers the business, meeting current and future needs
- Establish and develop professional working relationships with customers, providing a technical service and reference point as required to support the company's products and reputation as a quality supplier
- Manage the customer complaint procedure; facilitate the investigation of quality problems, faults and non conformances with production teams; manage corrective and preventative problems to ensure quality standards are maintained. Initiate and control robust investigations to provide corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) and support the complaints handling process and participate in implementing improvement actions to prevent re-occurring issues.
- The facilitation of customer facing activities and communications including customer visits, responses and preparation of information whilst leading site audit activities (external body, internal and customer)
- Lead quality initiatives and focus groups to support knowledge and understanding of all operatives and grow awareness of quality issues to improve quality
- Promote a total quality philosophy at all levels developing a culture of right first time and continuous improvement
- Develop an Integrated Quality Management System including quality and environmental
- Lead improvements to enhance quality system and ensure optimum process in place to meet customer specifications whilst maximizing production
- Review amendments to standards and ensure compliance with accreditation bodies
- Manage the environmental management system to maintain ISO standards and accreditations and lead regular assessment audits
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- H&S Qualifaction - desirable
- Internal Auditor Qualification - desirable
- Working & Audit knowledge of ISO 9001, PS 9000, 18001, 14001 & BRC
- Experience in a manufacturing / production enviornment - packaging
- Ideally within pharma but not essential
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Project management and problem solving skills such as 6 Sigma, or another recognised Business Improvement Technique.
- Root cause analysis and problem solving techniques
TO APPLY please email your full CV details to us and we will be in touch. All applications are strictly confidential and your details will not be shared with any organisation without your express permission and consent -