Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
As the leading global business standards company BSI helps over 81,000 clients worldwide to improve their businesses. From business continuity to recycling waste, from medical devices to the exploration of space, we help businesses embed the habits of excellence so that they perform better, manage their risks more effectively and achieve sustainable growth and in doing so we touch the lives of many across the globe.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Assurance Academy in Milton Keynes, working as a BSI Assurance Academy Course Developer.
What we offer:
We offer a highly competitive starting salary with 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.
We carefully consider agile ways of working that allow for the best impact for our employees and clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss further.
About the BSI Assurance Academy Course Developer role:
As our Course Developer you will design and develop high quality training products for internal use by BSI’s Assurance Academy. The role includes both the development of new courses, and the maintenance of existing courses through training product updates and revisions. The scope of the position encompasses all methods of delivery, including (but not limited to): instructor-led training, virtual training, eLearning, blended learning and distance learning. As the incumbent, you will report directly to the Assurance Academy Development Manager, and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
To successfully perform the role, you will use your course development expertise to create engaging and effective content that successfully achieves the identified learning outcomes. Experience of developing eLearning is essential, while knowledge of learning platforms and mobile learning technologies is highly desired. You will also ensure that development projects are completed on time by project managing SME’s closely.
As the Assurance Academy Course Developer, you will be a key member of the Assurance Academy, and play an integral role in driving the growth and quality of BSI’s global certification business.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Design and develop courses using proven Instructional Design concepts and learning methodologies
- Work with SMEs to identify target audiences, set clear objectives, create content and assessments
- Ensure that content is well structured, engaging, interactive, and pitched at the appropriate level
- Utilise practical examples, case studies and scenarios to effectively achieve learning outcomes
- Format, edit, and proofread your work, and the work of others, for quality and consistency
- Ensure that the training product development processes and guidelines are followed
- Recommend new course design solutions, development methods and delivery styles
- Keep up to date with developments in learning approaches and technologies
- Prioritise, schedule, and meet deadlines and development timeframes
- Support Global Training colleagues if required
To be successful as our BSI Assurance Academy Course Developer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of Instructional Design concepts (such as ADDIE)
- Knowledge and understanding of learning methodologies (such as Accelerated Learning)
- Experience of developing both instructor-led and eLearning courses
- Ability to use Storyline/RISE as a development software
- Exceptional use of MS Office, specifically: PowerPoint and Word
- Exceptional written skills, including strong use of grammar and writing styles
- High attention to detail, including formatting, editing and proofreading
- Ability to troubleshoot course design and development problems
- Ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a BSI Assurance Academy Course Developer then please click ‘Apply’ today!