Nursery Deputy Room Leader- Toddler Room
Come and join our client’s warm,friendly and supportive team!
Are you committed to providing high quality care and education? Do you have the ability to lead and work within a small team of staff? Do you havea Level 3 childcare qualification and one year’s post qualified experience? If so, you may be just the person our clients are looking for!
Role: Deputy Room Leader
Salary:£18,556.07per annum- Dependent on experince and qualifications
Hours: Monday - Friday 40hour week.
Holiday: 20 days per annum plus bank holidays and Christmas Closure
(Rising to 25 days)
Benefits of working for our client:
The opportunity to work in an outstanding day nursery situated in large beautiful gardens, free on-site car parking and uniform provided. A supportive work environment and ongoing training provided. The role will be working with the 2-5 year olds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· To care for and educate the children in your care
· To provide for the individual physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of the children
· To provide and maintain a clean, safe and stimulating environment.
· To provide a range of suitable activities and experiences to meet the developmental needs of the children
· To work in partnership with the parents/carers of the children in your care.
· To work as a member of a team of staff and students/trainees
· To supervise, train and support students/trainees throughout their training.
· To maintain written records as required
· To attend relevant training as required
· To attend relevant meetings as required
· To work as a key person and to be responsible for a group of key children
General Duties and Responsibilities
· To work within the Policies and Procedures.
· To work within the Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
· To work in a manner consistent with the Inclusion and Diversity Policy and Procedures.
· To work in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and Procedures.
· To undertake any other duties which may be required by the Nursery
Co-ordinator and Nursery Manager
- A recognised level 3 childcare qualification, such as the NNEB, DCE, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- A commitment to working with children and their families
- A commitment to provide a high standard of care and education for
- A genuine liking for children
- An understanding of and commitment to safeguarding children
- The ability to interact well with children
- The ability to interact well with adults
- The ability to provide warm and consistent care for the children
- An understanding of child development
- An understanding of the range and types of activities/experiences children need to help them progress and develop
- An understanding of the relevant curriculum framework
- An understanding of the importance of working closely with parents
- An understanding of Health and Safety issues and how to keep children safe
- An understanding of and commitment to inclusion and diversity
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- The ability to use initiative
- The ability to work as a member of a team
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexibility and reliability
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Experience of working in a day care environment.
- Experience of training students/trainees