Incomes Adviser - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Cross Keys Homes is an award winning, innovative and dynamic organisation experiencing growth and success as a business.
A multi-faceted company who is committed to our customers, not only are we the leading Housing organisation in Peterborough, we are also the city's largest provider of independent living, dedicated to improving our communities by providing a range of services from our Lifeline Emergency Alarm system, Community Care, Local Community Initiatives and Sheltered Housing.
We pride ourselves on being a commercial minded business with a social heart and we are looking for an ambitious, energetic and experienced Incomes Adviser for a 6 month contract who will work as part of our dedicated Incomes Management Team
To be considered, candidates MUST have prior knowledge and experience within Incomes Management and recovery of rental arrears.
- To be directly responsible for managing recovery action on debts owed to Cross Keys Homes in accordance with the company systems, processes and guidelines issued by pre-court protocol.
- To be directly responsible for maximising income from rent, leasehold and sundry accounts within a defined geographic area, using early intervention and relationship management skills, and enforcement action where appropriate, so that help and support is provided to the right customers at the right time ensuring that eviction is an action of last resort.
- To proactively engage with customers using a variety of means to offer early intervention, build positive relationships and obtain information which can be used in the income management process in order to reduce arrears and maximise income.
- To ensure that Cross Keys Homes' debtors are advised of their position and the procedures that will be followed to recover the debt. Some contacts may be outside normal working hours depending on the needs of the customer and service.
- Engage with customers and reach a realistic and affordable payment plan which is informed by an accurate financial statement.
- To advise the Income Management Team Leader on issues affecting the income management processes
- Directly responsible for all court activities including preparing files for court hearings and making court applications.
- Directly responsible for being the sole representative at possession hearings for Cross Keys Homes at the relevant county court. Ensuring that case management and evidence is presented appropriately within the existing court protocols to obtain the appropriate order
- Directly responsible for liaison with the court bailiff to arrange and attend evictions where appropriate and assisting the Court Bailiff to secure our property.
- Facilitate customers receiving appropriate support, assistance or signposting to internal teams, statutory and voluntary agencies with specialist advice on social needs, welfare benefits and other debt related issues.
- To ensure duty of care to pro-actively safeguard children and adults residing in CKH properties identifying vulnerable residents and making decisions about timely referrals to statutory and non-statutory agencies.
- To take personal responsibility for understanding and implementing all relevant legislation, strategies and corporate policies and procedures.
- A knowledge and understanding of income collection principles and the legal process for debt recovery
- Knowledge of where legislation is likely to relate to housing, income collection and the tenant/landlord relationship.
- Working knowledge of main welfare benefits
- Effective communication at all levels with both the public and colleagues.
- Experience of dealing with the public in person, via telephone and in writing, in challenging and sensitive situations.
- Experience of working with and supporting vulnerable people.
- Experience of working with a diverse customer base where English is not always the first language.
- Demonstrate an understanding of equality and diversity principles relating to service provision.
- Experience of successful complaint management and resolution.
- Experience of successful team and lone working.
- Experience of managing own work load and appropriate delegation of tasks in an office environment.
- Knowledge of using computer based IT systems including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Proficiency in the use and application of arithmetical skills
- Experience of using computer based financial management systems
- Working knowledge of relevant payment methods and associated mechanisms offered by the business
- Successfully achieving set targets and objectives.
- To ensure delivery of high quality services within a pressurised environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a patient, sympathetic and tactful way by telephone. In person and in writing with tenants, leaseholders and corporate colleagues
- To meet deadlines, prioritise work and respond positively to changing service requirements, often at short notice.
- The ability to deliver effective customer care.
- Knowledge of basic child protection and adult safeguarding principles.
- To use initiative and judgement, while demonstrating effective organisational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication, including listening and conversational skills.
- Ability to learn and retain extensive knowledge of all areas of service.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with record keeping.
- To be flexible and adaptable in a multi-skilled environment.
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Ability to effectively analyse reports using sound technical skills to ensure efficiency
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- On site car park
- Hours of work are Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Competitive salary of £26,821 - £30,546
- 6 month fixed term contract