Position Title - Room Leader
Location: Bishop's Stortford
Room Leader - Qualifications & Experience Required
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Minimum of Diploma of Children’s Services
- Ideally four years’ experience within Early Childhood Education sector
- Ideally two years’ experience within a leadership role preferred
- Be an approved certified supervisor
- Excellent understanding of the EYFS curriculum and requirements
Room Leader - Key Responsibilities
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Provide professional and relevant feedback to parents/carers about their child.
- Ensure all records of development and learning are fully and accurately maintained by the appropriate staff.
- Ensure appropriate planning is in place to maintain the required standards consulting with the Senior Nursery Nurse when necessary.
- Provide leadership and support to playroom staff to enable them to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Deploy staff appropriately to ensure that the required standards are delivered and maintained within the play room.
- Ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the nursery keycarer procedures and allocate children to keycarers appropriately.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand and, when necessary, follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
- Implement and support others in delivering, the EYFS in line with current practice and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority Departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.