CONTROLS ENGINEER - FMCG MANUFACTURING SECTOR - NELSON, LANCASHIRE - £40-47k STARTING SALARY (Dependent upon experience) + LAPTOP + MOBILE + PRIVATE OFFICE --- DAY SHIFTS - EXCELLENT LONG TERM CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Our client are a well known manufacturer of Juices and Smoothies that are distributed globally. They have a number of sites throughout the UK. The site in Nelson is an Aseptic bottling plants with 3 high spec manufacturing lines. Some of our clients key customers in the UK market include CCE (Coca Cola), Iceland and Pret a Manger.
As technology advances within the manufacturing industry then need for hands on engineers with a sound knowledge of control systems and basic programming knowledge becomes more and more necessary. It is for this exact reason our client are looking to take on a Controls Engineer at their plant in Nelson, Lancashire on a full time basis.
- Electrical fault finding on machinery and control systems (Ladder/Conveyor logic etc.)
- Set up a system of spare back up drives to ensure programmes are stored correctly
- Keep in regular contact with all OEMs directly for update / upgrades on existing equipment.
- Be 'hands on' where required.
- Electrical qualification highly desirable (Level 3 and above)
- Experience of working on PLC systems in the past (Siemens S7 / Allen Bradley Preferred)
- Experience of Electrical fault find using Ladder or Conveyor Logic essential
- Good organisation skills
- Solid problem solving preferable
- Competitive starting basic salary £40 - 47k Doe
- Company Laptop
- Company Mobile
- Call out / Days in Lieu agreement negotiable
Please be aware that our client is looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible and can be extremely flexible on interview process.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer