By joining our team as a Software Tester, you will be involved in safeguarding our customers’ overall digital experience; from both a customer front-end and business user perspective.
All our websites offer fantastic ATOL protected holidays at guaranteed best online prices. OTA is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies in order to move the business forward.
TUI’s retail website development is based in air conditioned offices close to Stockton town centre with free onsite parking. The websites you will be testing include HolidayHypermarket.co.uk, Latedeals.co.uk and Cruisedeals.co.uk – all offering fantastic ATOL protected holidays at guaranteed best online prices. The retail websites are an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business where team members work together to produce innovative solutions and explore new technologies in order to move the business forward.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Infrastructure and Database Manager, you will be required to provide automated User/Business Acceptance testing of deliverables across a wide range of applications and digital platforms such as desktop, mobile, tablet and Apps; predominantly via WebDriver technology and Postman, in addition to Selenium where required.
Your focus will be the running and maintenance of our current automation tool, with respect to delivery of new/existing features and bug fixes, and compiling detailed process documentation whilst continually looking at automation best practices. You will be required to translate business requirements into automated test cases, with a view to identifying and resolving quality issues early in the software design process. Using Webdriver functionality, you will enhance the existing regression test suite; converting manual test scripts to executable automated tests.
Actively working with the necessary Business and IT stakeholders, you will ensure the requirements and impact of deliverables are fully understood – placing the customer and protection of conversion forefront – and any gaps are identified early. This will enable you to deliver clearly defined automated test cases which are peer-reviewed and agreed prior to execution. Engagement with your IT Test colleagues is key to ensuring coverage (both manual and automation) is optimal and duplication is minimised.
You will be required to follow aligned formats, processes and prioritisation for test case and defect management; providing regular test execution and defect reports to your Manager, as well producing Test Entry and Sign-off documents. To ensure accuracy of information, it’s essential you attend the necessary meetings in order to remain engaged and updated throughout the life-cycle of the deliverable.
Co-ordinating with your Manager, you will facilitate a constant channel of communication, ensuring all necessary business and test teams remain engaged and up-to-date with regards to the programme of change.
Following successful execution and sign-off within a test environment, you will support implementation into Production via go-live testing; providing assurance to your Manager that the delivered changes meet the specified business needs.
Forming part of our e-Commerce Division, you will need to have an understanding of multiple departmental functions such as SEO, Merchandising, Digital Analytics and Site Optimisation in order to support or provide business-user test coverage for changes which may impact these teams.
As part of our strategy to deliver continuous improvement, you will also be required to look for new and innovative means to improve the efficiency of current ways of working.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a good understanding of ecommerce web development who can help drive quality changes being delivered into our live sites and systems.
- A testing background including a minimum of one years’ Automation Test practice, with hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of test automation methodologies and software automation techniques.
- Previous experience of WebDriver and Selenium, Postman and Java script coding, configuration management (preferably TFS) and knowledge of Jenkins (preferable).
- Basic familiarity with automation frameworks and latest industry trends.
- Some understanding of mobile application frameworks and testing, in addition to mobile browser technologies.
- Awareness of development/project life cycle, alongside Agile and Waterfall methodology.
- The ability to manage your own time in a demanding, time-critical role and work comfortably within an environment of ambiguity and a high degree of complexity.
- Someone who is customer-centric and passionate about continuous improvement in order to drive a best-in-class digital customer experience.
- Ability to engage stakeholders, influence behaviour and change opinions based on business knowledge and competence.
- Previous experience working with TUI UK & Ireland mainstream IT and business systems is desirable.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills, with good attention to detail.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (the successful candidate will need to work early mornings to support Production go-live implementation).
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.