SME Finance Manager
SME Finance Manager, Nottingham. £35,000 to £40,000
Do you prefer a hands-on role, working for a small business? It's a laid back culture with nice people who are all driven by doing a good job for the team. The business has seen impressive growth over the past couple of years through acquisition and winning new contracts. That has resulted in a promotion for the existing Finance Manager who now needs to work more strategically with the MD to further drive growth.
He is therefore looking to back-fill his role and appoint a new Finance Manager to work alongside him, covering the day to day running of the finance function. He is open-minded about the background candidates will have come from. You may be making your first move out of practice, looking to step up from a Management / Financial Accountant job in industry or you may be an SME Finance Manager / FC who is looking for a new challenge.
Where you are with your finance qualification isn't important - having the right attitude to work as part of a small but ambitious finance team is.
- Look after the day to day running of the finance function, overseeing a team of two Finance Assistants
- Preparation of management accounts for multiple businesses which form part of the Group
- Month-end - accruals, prepayments, journals
- Financial reporting and project accounting for the Directors
- VAT returns for multiple companies
- Support with transactional finance where required
- Part Qualified / Qualified / QBE
- Experience of producing accounts for an SME