Senior Case Handler
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Senior Case Handler in the Secured Litigation team.
It takes an unusual blend of skills to help people sort out their money problems, particularly in these uncertain economic times. You will need to have the tact to deal with sensitive subjects, proven problem-solving skills and the strength of character to get results. In return you’ll find this role can be hugely rewarding.
The role is currently 9am - 5 pm Monday to Friday. Applicants will be on an 8-8 contract should the need for changing shifts arise.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have experience in a collections environment
• Be numerate
• Show a strong attention to detail
• Be a great communicator who’s assertive, resilient and persuasive.
• Have experience in executing mandates and ability to make stand alone decisions.
• The ability to stay calm and controlled under pressure.
• Excellent negotiating and influencing skills especially whilst dealing with complex, sensitive and emotive issues.
• A team player, with good interpersonal skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Knowledge of mortgages, the Collect system and litigation processes although this is not essential as we will give you all the training and support you need.
As a member of the Litigation Contact team you will talk to mortgage customers who are in serious arrears, following the instigation of legal proceeding; which could ultimately mean that the customer’s home is repossessed. Your aim is to rehabilitate customer’s accounts through discussion and negotiation, thus preventing further enforcement activity. If this is not possible you will need to explain and support the customer throughout the legal process. Throughout all contact with the customer you will need to consider how you would convince them to make payments and how you would help them realise that they can no longer put this off and that they need to act now?
You need to be able to understand the customer’s financial situation, using questioning and listening skills getting to the real route cause of why they have not paid and then agree how they can bring their account up to date. If this is not possible then you will be looking to manage the account through our legal process and make sure the customer is aware of what will happen.
Of course this is about collecting money - but it will also involve liaising with our legal team as well as other outside agencies and teams across Collections and Recoveries; ensuring you are delivering a fantastic level of service on every call.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.