Event Planning & Management Assistant
My established client based near Wellingborough is recruiting an Events Planning and Management Assistant on a permanent basis to join its existing events team, and assist in the logistics of all aspects of events organisation.
The role demands the ability to follow instructions and to work without constant supervision to pre-set deadlines reporting back to the Events Manager in a timely and effective manner. You will need to be able to communicate and liaise with other internal and external departments to ensure tasks and objectives are met on time. Creative writing is a key part of the role. This will include writing event programmes, multiple press releases, multiple event newsletters.
You will be part of a small but highly productive team as such you will be expected to be "up and running" in a short period of time.
Key roles and responsibilities:
Event logistics and administration support:
- Producing advertising materials such as adverts and flyers (instructing designers).
- Booking advertising and liaising with design/print house to ensure timely delivery of copy.
- Researching and ordering materials/equipment/supplies relating to the marketing department.
- Liaising with / managing third party event organisers / suppliers.
- Negotiating and booking acts and attractions for each event.
- Running and managing in house competitions and activities.
- Liaising with/instructing the onsite team on setting the event up, marking out pitches etc.
- Providing relevant departments with hands on assistance for the set up and breakdown of hospitality suites before - during and after major events.
- The preparation of the media centre prior to major events.
- Preparing hospitality goody bags in readiness for the events.
- Managing departmental purchase orders and invoice processing.
- Supervising entertainers / attractions at selected events.
- Preparing dressing rooms / riders for acts and entertainment performing at Santa Pod Raceway events.
- Representing the client at external events and shows, in order to attract new customers to the venue.
- Aspiring to selling event & race series sponsorship.
To be considered for the role, you will need to demonstrate the following skills/attributes:-
- Excellent written English
- An aptitude for creative writing and to produce good copy to deadline
- A high level of competency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- A confident team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A proactive self-starter
- Ability to work to pre-set deadlines unsupervised
- An organised "can do" approach to work
- Flexible on working hours
- A clean driving licence and own transport
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Willing to commit to working multiple weekends throughout the year (essential)
If you feel this could be you, email your CV now.