Boxtree Recruitment are currently recruiting for a personable experienced Finance Assistant responsible for maintaining the sales ledgers, complete the foreign cashbooks and petty cash reconciliations, and assist with reconciliation work.
- Sales Ledger: Raising invoices and credit control.
- Nominal Ledger: Bank reconciliations, Debtors and creditors reconciliations
- HMRC Returns.
- Merchandise: Prompt Billing and Strict Credit Control, Purchase and Sales Ledger reconciliation.
- Raise invoices
- In-house billing
- Credit control- chase debts and update credit control report with invoices/credit notes raised
- Debtors and creditors reconciliations - Sales Ledger/Purchase Ledger Contra
- Reconcile multi-currency bank accounts and raise the appropriate journals
- Petty cash
- Post journals and reconcile with Nominal Ledger
- Assist in reconciling intercompany accounts
- Credit checks on new customers.
- Prepare VAT returns.
- Analyses bank payments and receipts.
- Provide cover for the Purchase ledger assistant.
- ACCA or CIMA/AAT part qualified or qualified by experience is essential.
- 1 years’ experience within an accounts department
- Debtors and creditors reconciliations
- Raising sales and purchase invoices; bank reconciliations; credit control; completing supplier reconciliations; petty cash reconciliation; posting cash; VAT returns; EC Sales returns
- Strong reconciliation skills
- IT literate good Excel skills and quick to learn new software.
- Good telephone manner and strong interpersonal skills
- Able to react positively to advice and feedback, negative and positive
- Theory knowledge of accounting
Please note that we expect a high response to this position if you have not had a response within the next 3 days please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.