Accounts Payable Assistant - part-time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant to join our Finance department on a part-time basis. We are looking for someone to work a 22.5 hour week Mon-Fri 9:30-2:30.
The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for reviewing, preparing and posting of invoices in accordance with our policies. Moreover, the Accounts Payable Assistant must create an environment of high quality customer service through continuous invoice and supplier payment process and reconciliation improvements, as well as effective communication with internal departments, suppliers and agents.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Code, scan and enter invoices onto Purchase Order & Purchase Invoicing system, matching them to relevant purchase orders
- Ensuing all invoices are fully approved, chasing the relevant departments/managers
- Dealing with all supplier/agent queries in a timely manner
- Maintain the supplier reconciliations on a monthly basis, checking for any missing invoices/credit notes
- Uploading invoice journals into SUN once fully approved
- Preparing the weekly payment run for the managers/directors authorisation.
- Preparing and posting authorized inter-company journals
- Ad-hoc journals as and when required to reconcile supplier accounts
- Monitor approved purchase orders and assist in the training users on order creation
- Monitor the accounts payable inbox and ensure each email is dealt with promptly
- To identify process improvements where applicable and help develop / implement
Knowledge & Experience
- Worked in a fast paced processing environment
- Experience in a purchase order driven accounts payable role
- Experience working in a group with multiple cost centers and companies/business units/legal entities
- Must be self-motivated with ability to multi-task and effectively manage own workload, prioritising effectively and consistently meet deadlines
- Good computer literacy with experience using computer based accounting systems, word processing, spreadsheets and other standard business software
- Excellent analytical skills with proven attention to detail
We are offering a salary of £20-22k (pro rata) depending on experience, as well as loads of fantastic benefits, such as a great bonus scheme, pension, holiday, gym membership subsidy, onsite massages and health checks, and much much more, so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now.