SEND Teaching Assistant - Complex Needs - Bury
SEND Teaching Assistant - Complex Needs – Bury
£60 - £70 per day
PK Education’s Manchester branch are working with a special school in the Bury area in order to recruit pro-active and enthusiastic Teaching Assistants.
This special school in Bury caters for young people aged 11 to 19 with a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). They are looking for positive Teaching Assistants who are experienced and passionate about working with SEND. As a TA you will be supporting students in small groups and on a one-to-one basis across the curriculum and various other activities with a flexible approach. Pupils have a variety of SEND including complex needs, physical disabilities, Speech Language & Communication Needs (SLCN) Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), so the ideal candidate will be experienced in these areas. Alongside the friendly staff team you will be responsible for creating a positive and safe learning environment for all students.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant role you must have:
- Good literacy and numeracy skills with knowledge across the curriculum.
- Experience supporting young people with a range of SEND and complex needs.
- A positive attitude and flexible approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reference details will be requested prior to registration.
- Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – if you do not have a DBS registered online PK Education will provide full assistance in getting you one.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay from between £60 to £70 per day (AWR Compliant).
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.
- Exposure and networking opportunities to associated schools.
- Claim up to £150 worth of vouchers with each referral of a teacher or NQT.
If you would like to find out more information, please contact Sarah on or email on
PK Education is a supply teaching agency with branches across the north of England, including Manchester. PK Education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy always.
If you are a primary teacher, secondary teacher, SEN teacher, newly qualified teacher (NQT), cover supervisor, teaching assistant or support worker looking for day to day supply work, or contract work then please get in touch on .