- Do you hold a recognised UK accountancy qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA?
- Are you highly proficient in Sage or Xero?
- Are you looking for a part-time role 2 days a week?
- Are you excited about working within a dynamic, fast-paced start-up?
If this sounds like you, then this opportunity could be the perfect fit. We are looking for a qualified and experienced Accountant to help out part-time 1.5-2 days a week onsite at the company’s new offices in Thetford. You will be a key member of a fast-growing business-to-business power technology company, which is currently in an exciting period of growth and is consequently looking to bring its accounting function in-house.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Sales ledger (dealing with credit control and all aspects of sales ledger) and purchase ledger (reconciling purchase ledger)
- Managing & processing company cards expenditure and staff expense claims
- Banking - posting all bank transactions including direct debits, bank transfers, standing orders, supplier payments and customer receipts
- VAT Returns - Dealing with monthly VAT returns, ensuring VAT rates are applied correctly when sales and purchase tax are calculated and reconciling VAT returns
- Month and Year End Accounts preparations
- Liaising with Auditors
- Monthly/Quarterly bookkeeping duties
- Management accounts
- Company Payroll calculations and filing for weekly and monthly staff
- HMRC PAYE filing
- Working with the MRP system to ensure a smooth interface with the accounting system
- Processing of daily transactions uploaded to Xero
- Accurate upload of Accounts Payable invoices and receipts
- Ensure records are fully maintained and updated, ready for Monthly VAT returns & monthly management accounts.
- Expense and cash reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Preparing monthly financial reports
- Auditing and maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a recognised UK accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of Sage or Xero
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Be computer literate with strong numerical skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
If you're looking for a part-time position which will give you the opportunity to be part of a highly successful, fast-paced company then please feel free to call for a chat!