Nigel Wright Supply Chain and Procurement Division are currently working with a supplier within the Manufacturing sector. They are currently recruiting a Buyer due to continued business growth.
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager, you will be wholly responsible for site purchasing and stock management. Key responsibilities will include:
- Operational purchasing - global supply base
- Sourcing new suppliers in line with NPD and contingency planning
- Supplier management focusing upon value, improved terms and lead times
- Commodity market analysis and purchasing strategy
- Supply Chain risk analysis
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Procurement experience from within Food, Chemicals and/or Pharmaceutical industry beneficial
- Experience and understanding of fast paced seasonal supply and demand
- Excellent communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Strong attention to detail/analytical abilities
- Ability to operate in both and operational and strategic capacity
- Ability work under pressure and to manage ever changing/conflicting priorities
If you are attracted to working within a small supportive team for a market-leading, dynamic organisation, please do not hesitate to get in contact.