This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join an established company as Engineering Change/ Configuration Engineer
- Your role will be varied and require you to interface not only across Design and Development but also Manufacturing Engineering and supply chain.
- Ensure that any agreed design and configuration is correctly released and mirrored within the BOM and seamlessly integrated onto MRP systems
- Responsible for the interpretation of customer requirements relating to mechanical/ electro-mechanical systems within a product.
- Estimate and commit to the time required to complete a work package/ project stage, communicate potential variance and participate in corrective action, as required.
- Contribute to the identification of risks, quantification of risk impact and identification of mitigating actions for a given product or project
- Prepare technical documentation; schematics, manufacturing drawings, BoM's, design reports, risk assessments etc.
- Identify and communicate potential gaps/ opportunities in the product, process, technology etc.
- Analyse the data utilising tools such as pivot table, VLOOKUP and other analytical tools
- Minimum HND+ or degree qualified in an Engineering discipline with experience of Bill of Material (BOM) control and competence in database management and data analysis, as you will be comparing data and performing comparisons across different database systems
- High level of MS Excel essential, working knowledge of ERP/ MRP systems and BOM control/ engineering change management within a manufacturing / engineering environment
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor
- Knowledge of/ experience with interpretation of mathematical modelling packages e.g. ANSYS would be beneficial
- Proven experience of conceptual design and release for designing and developing complete mechanical products and components at pace
- Experience of operating in a diverse range of industries/sectors
To be considered for this role please click "apply now" and submit a copy of your up to date CV.