Interim Category Manager
As the Interim Category Manager, you will be managing a defined market category and all associated products.
Leading Public Sector Organisation in Manchester
The role will involve:
- Leading and managing multiple programmes from tendering, to contract award and oversee all relationship management within this.
- You will manage your own procurement projects and contracts, working with colleagues and stakeholders to deliver and manage contracts for goods and services.
- You will manage all performance targets against set targets and ensure best value for money throughout.
- You will supporting the National Category Manager in the delivery of all category plans too.
- Running complex OJEU procurements, managing multiple senior stakeholders and reporting and presenting as required via Prince 2 methodology in both written and verbal formats.
- Gaining competitive advantage by identifying best practice and leveraging the spend within categories.
- Seeking out and engaging appropriate internal and external stakeholders at Senior Manager level to provide the information and insight to support the development of the strategic options within categories.
- Promote procurement outside the procurement function and promoting change and development as required
- You will be MCIPS Qualified
- Experience in a non for profit or public sector organisation
- Team Management
- You will have a high quality service attitude and be comfortable applying OJEU principles to all tendering activity.
- You will have an excellent understanding of the overall procurement process required and hold experience in negotiating and hitting targets.
Competitive package and benefits