CRM Marketing Manager
A Global Organisation is looking for a CRM Marketing Manager to join their team in an exciting time of change.
You will be responsible for developing, owning and executing the strategies and technologies designed to analyse customer interactions through the lifecycle with the aim of improving business relationships for this company. The desire is for this Manager to use, personalise and understand existing data to form a strategy and campaign to communicate effectively essentially a finance product by all methods of Marketing.
- Competitive salary of £32,000, negotiable to £35,000 should the candidate have ALL of the essential and desirable skills listed below.
The role and it's duties:
- To lead the CRM and email marketing strategy for the UK brand.
- To work with the existing marketing teams, agreeing and delivering high quality data for campaigns, programs and other marketing activities.
- To produce high quality end-to-end CRM communications, from data manipulation through to email delivery.
- Manage the CRM budget.
- Innovate new approaches and optimise existing processes.
- Use data to help drive improved propositions, marketing approaches, content and delivery leading to better ROI and key marketing KPI's.
- Project manage the marketing workstream for implementation of a new CRM system project in late 2019/ 2020.
- Accountability for data quality and adherence to GDPR and other data capture and storage requirements.
- Work with marketing colleagues to help improve their campaigns, content and approach to key target audiences.
Experience/ Skills needed:
- CRM Marketing experience.
- Experience of working in either a Financial or FCA regulated industry.
- Proven experience of planning, designing and delivering CRM campaigns.
- Ability to work unsupervised - there will be no man management involved in this role, rather delegation of work to project assistants when needed.
- Ability to set strategy and execute on plans in equal measure.
- Experience and working knowledge of GDPR, PECR and other relevant regulations.
- Strong partnership skills to manage internal stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to share best practice and leverage complimentary skills.
- We will ask you to list quanitifable achievements on your CV before sending to the client.
Qualification in relevant subject to Marketing/ Business
If this role sounds ideal for you, please contact Natalie at the Cardiff branch of Randstad or text your enquiry directly to
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.