BMAT - Payroll and Finance Assistant
We are seeking to appoint a committed and competent Payroll and Finance Assistant due to the expansion within our Finance Team
The successful applicant will have:
- Keen interest in payroll, finance and accounting
- Proficient in IT packages
- Excellent Time Management skills, highly motivated and be able to use their own initiative
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The documents which can be found on the Beal High School website must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
Keeping Children Safe in Education
BMAT - Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
Please note we will not consider your application unless it is completed on the BMAT application form.
Purpose of role
To provide an accurate, efficient payroll and financial support services for the Beacon Multi Academy Trust.
Payroll general duties and responsibilities
Key Payroll Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- To work closely with the Payroll Manager to deliver an on time and accurate payroll function to the business. The payroll assistant will support the processing of 2 end to end monthly payrolls for circa 500 employees
- Maintaining accurate payroll information by collecting and processing data, checking and ensuring all payroll forms and pay actions e.g. new starters, leavers, pay changes, claims and expenses are processed correctly
- Support Payroll Manager in processing HMRC tax code and student loan notices, managing the auto-enrolment function including enrolling new members, adjusting contributions, reporting to LGPS, TPS and NEST
- Processing Pensions, Holiday Pay, SMP, SSP and other deductions (must understand manual calculations)
- Calculating monthly payroll, including preparing reports and exporting data to Excel for analysis and approval purposes
- Submitting monthly reports to each pension provider and preparing monthly reports for payment processing and liaising with third parties such as HMRC and pension providers as needed
- Processing monthly adjustment time sheets
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering pay queries
- Processing the monthly BACS payment, monthly pension returns and all year end processes
- Reporting full payment summary and employee payment summary
- Supporting the payroll manager with in year real-time information submissions to HMRC and final year end submissions, including the completion of employees’ P60s
- Conducting compliance checks on a regular basis
- Maintains employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Supporting the month end processes, statutory returns and year end processes
- Support month end journals and monthly recharges through the finance ledger
- Support in the preparation of monthly reconciliation all payroll control accounts on the balance sheet
- Prepare and support financial analysis and reports as required to support the preparation of management accounts
- Liaising with internal and external auditors for all pay related queries
General Role Profile
Finance general duties and responsibilities
Key Finance Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Support the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, as well as the Senior Finance Officers.
- To process purchase invoices and generate payment runs
- To run AP Forensics reports and monitor potential duplicate invoices and fraud
- To raise sales invoices and complete all credit control functions
- To assist with cash counting and banking
- To process claims and expenses
- To support with checks of orders and commitments for stock and services
- Process invoices, credit notes and send supplier remittances
- To check and follow-up all outstanding purchase orders
- To check the system for unauthorised/unprinted orders
- Follow up on goods receipt process
- To assist in the monitoring of the budget
- To inform curriculum budget holders of budget/expenditure when required
- Assist, when necessary, with the processing of VAT returns and submissions to HMRC
- To support with month end processes, submitting accrual data and posting necessary journals.
- To support with balance sheet reconciliations
- Undertake administrative responsibilities, in order to maintain and update all hard copy records and electronic databases/systems, including archives
- Monitor the shared email database and respond to all queries timely and efficiently
- Liaising with internal staff and external suppliers via telephone and email as required
- Contribute to the successful achievement of team plans by organising and prioritising workloads, undertaking assigned cases or projects, processing work efficiently and reporting on the progress until completion
- To understand the nature of this role and to ensure confidentiality
The above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, duties, responsibilities of the post may change as requirements and circumstances change. The post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as requested by management.
Salary range starting from £20,667- £25,000
(Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Closing date: Thursday 28th February 2019