An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graphic Designer to join our team based in Nottingham. You will work on a full time basis (maternity cover). In return you will receive a highly competitive salary of £21,000 - 23,000 per annum.
The University of Nottingham Students’ Union exists to enable every student at the University of Nottingham to fulfil their potential and to have the most incredible experience at University.
Formally, we’re a registered charity that acts as the recognised representative body of all students at the University. The Students' Union employs over two hundred staff; around half of our staff are students who balance work with their studies and social lives. Other staff work full-time, some are part-time and some are required only during term-time and thus work for just part of the year.
As Graphic Designeryour purpose will be:
To manage and maintain the branding of the Students’ Union ensuring quality is consistent throughout the organisation. As well as provide the artistic direction of campaigns from initial concepts to the final product through a development process; ensuring student groups are kept engaged and excited. Ensuring the visuals of the Union are kept fresh and ideas answers the brief.
Responsibilities as our Graphic Designerwill include:
- Lead on maintaining and developing the Student Union’s brand guidelines
- Create concepts and designs which engage the spirit of the student audience
- Be the main point of contact for design within the Union
- Create design artwork that adheres to the brand guidelines and interprets the key brand messages.
- Monitor all artwork to ensure it adheres to the brand guidelines
- Quality control process of proofing to ensure all information is displayed correctly
- Meet deadlines efficiently to allow other members of the team to achieve their targets
- Work closely with other departments to advise the best outcome for the marketing campaign
- Interpret and challenge project briefs while maintaining good relationships with clients and communicate with clients with varying levels of understanding during the briefing and design process
- Keep up to date on the latest design trends to ensure designs are not out-dated
- Source external services for resource and skill requirements
As our Graphic Designeryou will need:
- Minimum of 4 years previous experience in a Graphic design role
- Experience of working within and applying brand guidelines
- Experience of working to deadlines across multiple projects, yet still delivering high quality output
- Experience of interpreting design briefs and delivering output
- Experience and knowledge of the branding process from the theme to execution to the final project
- Experience of working with print companies, gathering costing and turnaround time options
- Ability to develop and communicate creative solutions to clients that meet their original brief
- Excellent knowledge of Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After effects and other Adobe Creative suite software/Mac literate
- Understand effective page layouts, vector based artwork, photo manipulation, motion graphics and animation, video
- Proven design ability, demonstrated by an excellent, varied portfolio.
Our People Offer
When you come to work @UoNSU as our Graphic Designer you’ll need to bring your skills, experience, talent, commitment and a desire to do a great job and we want you to be the very best you can be. In return we want to be an employer where every member of the staff team feels valued, trusted, inspired, and able to grow and to have fun.
We offer a range of employee benefits which support employee wellbeing such as flexi-time, flexible working, generous holiday allowance, generous staff pension, paid Union closure days, learning and development opportunities and much more.
Closing date: 28th February 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Graphic Designer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Please note, applications from agencies will not be accepted at this stage