Care Team Leader
Cross Keys Homes is a leading business within Peterborough, proud to be a commercial business with a social heart.
We have ambitious plans over the next ten years and our goal is to deliver even more services to the public in Peterborough resulting in positive outcomes.
As a progressive business, we embrace equality and diversity, and aim to be an employer of choice. We look for people who are dedicated, committed, honest and really want to make a difference to our customers and our business.
Lapwings is one of our Extra Care Facilities which aims to enable older people to live their lives independently while benefiting from a dedicated on site care team.
We are looking an experienced Care Team Leader to join our dedicated team to provide support to the Registered Manager in delivering the highest standards of care delivery that promotes independence, good health and wellbeing to people living in their own homes, by directly managing the day to day performance and conduct of the Care Workers.
- Ensure appropriate resourcing levels at all times - through rota setting and management - to develop and deliver an on-call service on a rota basis. Working with customers and family members to support the identification of their needs in order to develop their personal support plans; instigating and reviewing care packages.
- Direct line management of the Senior Care Workers and Care Workers supporting care employees including supervisions, appraisals, performance monitoring, training and development and sickness reporting.
- Support the Registered Manager in the recruitment and induction of new employees,
- Ensure that all new employees have completed their Care Certificate and have been signed off as competent under the ‘safe to leave' rule.
- Ensure that all Care Service employees understand their responsibilities in relation to the health and safety of the customers of the service and the buildings in which they work.
- Facilitate team meetings and ensure excellent communication throughout the team.
- Deputise for the Registered Manager when required.
- Responsible and accountable for undertaking service reviews in line with CQC standards and for ensuring quality assurance processes.
- Support the Registered Manager in ensuring full compliance against the CQC's National Minimum Standards of Quality and Safety.
- Responsible for achieving service KPIs and other performance targets.
- Ensure the quality of the care service through spot checks on care delivery, quality assurance assessments, auditing of customer files and provision of performance data.
- Manage and oversee the effective use of IT based systems including rota management and call management systems to ensure adequate cover, billing information and audit monitoring.
- Identify areas for service improvement and development through customer feedback including investigating any complaints.
- Ensure all information relating to customers is kept secure and confidential.
- Working within the terms of Cross Keys Homes safeguarding vulnerable adults procedure proactively seek to maintain the safety of customers.
- Undertake care delivery to meet the needs of the business.
to be considered for this role you will meet the following criteria:
- An understanding of the needs of older people including dementia and its effect on individuals and their families.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice in the delivery of personal care services and the CQC's essential standards of quality and safety.
- Knowledge of good practice in the provision of care.
- Understanding of adult social care funding.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and procedures relative to work area.
- Knowledge of the local area and relevant support agencies.
- Previous experience of working in social care.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and/or older people.
- Ability and experience of managing a team and individuals.
- Experience of rota setting and management.
- Experience of carrying out assessments and identifying needs.
- Experience of partnership working with other agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to relate well to a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work effectively on your own; as a team member and with colleagues across agencies.
- Good IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Candidates MUST have experience of using a Rota Management IT system such as Ulysses
- Good administrative and record keeping skills.
- Working pattern - 37 hours per week. This includes working five out of seven days including Saturdays and Sundays on a rotational basis.
- Competitive salary of £22,777
- Extremely competitive contributory pension scheme
- Great working environment for an Award Winning local organisation
- Unbeatable job satisfaction within a rewarding environment