Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Account - Welshpool, Powys.
The role of Senior Management Accountant:
To take responsibility for the development and management of an efficient and effective financial framework that meets regulatory requirements, determines financial strategy and supports strategic planning for success.
To continually look to improve the overall performance of the company.
- Continually analyse and question costs of all divisions.
- Co-ordinate and preparation of monthly management accounts for all Divisions including Group consolidated accounts.
- Analyse and report on Monthly Accounts.
- Assist with quarterly reports to the Board.
- Develop and improve monthly reporting to business unit managers eg Productivity, efficiency, cost variations etc
- Develop systems/reports to monitor product and customer margins.
- Develop KPI’s for each division.
- Develop budget monitoring system.
- Produce forecast P&L’s and cash flows based on budgets.
- Assist with accounts function of foreign branch/company operations (monitor budgets, produce accounts, report on performance etc).
- Overview payroll function
- Overview receivables function
- Various other ad-hoc duties as required.
The Ideal Management Accountant:
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proficient with Microsoft Packages, especially Excel
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to work equally on own initiative or as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately under pressure