Senior Procurement Manager
Job Title - Senior Procurement Manager
Location - York
Rates - £439.37 LTD/Umbrella OR £392.05 PAYE per day
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Network Rail are looking for a Senior Procurement Manager to come on board and manage the current Procurement team in York. Consisting of 2 Procurement Mangers and 1 Assistant Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for overlooking these team members.
You will be working closely with project teams across the Infrastructure Projects part of the business. From working with the projects teams you will need to manage the tender/pre-contract process.
What you will do:
- Develop, and continually enhance, project specific procurement strategies that complement the National Programme Strategy and maintain security of supply and value for money and HSQE performance for a range of contracts.
- Perform the full range of procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Provide procurement advice on an asset wide basis relating to specific portfolio issues.
- Support pre-contract procurement of main contractors and where appropriate actively influence the procurement of sub-contracting activity by the main contractors.
- Exercise compliance with Network Rail policies, procedures and governance and legal (including EU Directives) and regulatory requirements.
- Manage a range of preferred suppliers developing positive supplier relationships aligned to business objectives.
- Identify cost reduction and efficiency opportunities and contribute to the achievement of efficiency targets for a specific portfolio.
- Manage the process for the measuring of supplier performance so that effective feedback takes place to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Exercise delegated authority to procure in accordance with established policies and governance.
Your experience will include:
- Sound commercial aptitude and sound knowledge of relevant Supplier Market.
- Varied and successful procurement and contracts background with experience of negotiation and developing and implementing procurement and contract strategies.
- Ability to communicate strategies and concepts simply and effectively and to persuade and influence stakeholders.
- Knowledge of EU Procurement Directives.
- Awareness of contract requirements safety and contract requirements environment.
- Knowledge of e-procurement.
- Membership of relevant professional institute.
- Knowledge of the rail industry.
- Educated to degree level.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.