Accounts Manager - Finance
£30,000 - £35,000
Reassured are looking to recruit an Accounts Manager to join us on our journey as we grow our finance department.
- Maintenance of up to date and accurate accounting records on SAGE (including review of postings and identifying errors)
- Accurate on time production of the monthly payroll for Reassured companies.
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting to HMRC and Pension Scheme Provider.
- Ensure all Company payments are paid on time (Suppliers, Payroll, Pension, Expenses, etc.)
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Processing, review and sign off of bonus calculations.
- Treasury management, including weekly cash report and forecasting.
- Month end reports and reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Preparing Costs analysis for the Annual Budget and monthly re-forecasts, to be incorporated into the financial models.
- Production of all information up to trial balance level of the annual financial records for the external auditors for Reassured companies.
- Maintenance of up to date and accurate commission records on the CRM for Reassured companies.
- Ensure adequate standards of financial control are maintained efficiently for the company, including the maintenance of proper books of account in accordance with company accounting policies and appropriate accounting principles.
- Effective operation of suitable arrangements for internal control and the accurate, timely reporting of results and financial statements to the Board.
Communication and Liaison
• Build and maintain solid relationships across all departments of the company.
• Development and maintenance of effective relationships with appropriate regulatory bodies (HMRC) and external auditors.
- Promoting a 'Continuous Improvement’ culture within the department.
- Set clear personal objectives that are SMART and challenging, review objectives and provide feedback regularly in one to ones and formally through the Performance Evaluation Process (appraisal), within the set timescales.
- Manage any sensitive issues in line with our Policies and procedures, including attendance and performance issues.
- Coach and develop team to ensure they strive for excellence, addressing any training and development needs, ensuring direct reports have a personal development plan.
- Motivate and reward team to encourage behaviours within the department, which supports the values of Reassured.
- Encourage and exhibit behaviours that support the values of the business and that create an environment where mutual trust and respect are encouraged.
- Promote information security and prevention of financial crime in your department, encouraging best practice by ensuring your staff comply with the information security and financial crime principles, policies and procedures.
- Monitor workplace practice in line with these policies and procedures and deal firmly with any instances of non-compliance.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to Communicate authoritatively and credibly at all levels
- Self-belief and sound judgement
- Analytical interpretation
- Time management
- Ability to manage change
- Co-ordinating activities across teams
- Advanced Excel
- Use of SAGE
- Production of management accounts
- Maintenance of accounting records
- Management of accounting staff