R&D Manager - Specialist Sports
I have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Head or experienced R&D Manager with an interest in Sports and Nutrition to work for a major FMCG client in Maidenhead. This is a full time role to start ASAP on an ongoing contract with the possibility to going permanent. There is up to 30% travel within this role in UK and Europe.
As a Technical head you will be responsible for managing all elements of R&D for the relevant co-manufacturers and co-packers. You will manage and set up and maintain R&D ways of working and own the EMQM delivery to meet Quality Standards.
- Responsible for the robust implementation of relevant Quality standards via the EMQM framework for the delivery of the Specialist Sports project.
- Manage the Product delivery (KQA, Nutritionals and Claims) so that we can repatriate the products into the region as per the project scope.
- Set up of new Comans as necessary, agreeing & managing Quality ways of working with 3rd party co-manufacturers across the Region.
- Lead performance reviews and resolve Quality escalations with 3rd party suppliers via the PRIMP process.
- Work on the Generation of NPD for the category.
- Providing Segment Heads and the Head of R&D with regular updates on Quality performance, risks & resource gaps to deliver the project plan.
CONTEXT AND SCOPE
The job holder will be required to be flexible and operate at speed influencing a number of internal and external stakeholders. The client sources products from 29 different co-processors to deliver quality products to the customer and consumer and sells them in Europe and the Middle East via a network of 7 distributors. A technical Head would have broad and flexible jobs that span more than one area of expertise.
The job holder will work with and influence a number of internal regional and global stake-holders. Equally the job holder will need to have an effective working relationship with the teams at our coman network.
- Full Driving Licence
- Up to 30% travel in the UK and Europe
- Previous experience of Q&FS Standards: working with Factories implementing standards and measuring performance
- Experience of having worked in a FMCG operational Q&FS environment
- Basic understanding of the Product Innovation process (Desirable/ Feasible / Viable)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy