Do you have the skills and abilities that constitute an excellent PE teacher?
Are you racing to find your ideal vacancy to start immediately?
Don't sweat, apply now!
A mixed gender public secondary school for ages 11-18 is seeking a PE teacher who is available to start immediately. The school is located just off the M23 and is within walking distance of Crawley train station. The school has a really modern feel to it and is part of an evolving academy trust that have a great development scheme with in-house training that is particularly advantageous to those who have ambitions of moving into senior positions.
Candidates with experience of supporting children with special needs would be particularly strong candidates due to the high number of children with special needs and behavioural challenges within the school.
In the role you can benefit from:
* A competitive salary
* Inspiring and influencing our next generation
* Great career development and progression opportunities
* Easily accessible by car or public transport
* Term-time contract
* On-site parking
* Support through the application process by a dedicated consultant
Your responsibilities will include:
* Preparing lessons in line with the curriculum for PE
* Delivering practical lessons to Key Stage 3 ,4 and 5
* Delivering theory lessons to Key Stages 4 and 5
* Adaptability to ensure students are challenged depending on their varying needs
* Evaluation of your lessons through varying means including setting homework
* Marking work and providing feedback and action points
* Strong classroom management
* Ensuring and assessing the safety and safeguarding of children
Key requirements for the position include:
* DBS - In date, with no reprimands which prohibits the successful candidate from working with children
* Relevant qualifications - a degree along with relevant teaching qualifications (ie PGCE)
* QTS is desirable - NQT applications are warmly welcomed
* Experience of teaching PE is essential
* Holding a coaching badge would be beneficial but not essential
* Strong commitment and a positive attitude to the role and objectives
If this opportunity to join a great team appeals to you we will look forward to receiving your application. On receipt of your application and CV you will be contacted by one of our dedicated consultants and invited for interview where we will further outline the details of the role and support you with the documentation required to be successful in your application.
If this is not the role for you but you would be interested in something similar then we have many other roles currently available and upcoming so do still get in touch!