Assistant Payroll Supervisor
The role is to take responsibility for the accurate processing of the UK based payroll to internal and statutory deadlines. The person also needs to ensure all payroll related items are dealt with to the required deadlines.
My client are a market leader in their field and this is an amazing opportunity. This is a 12 month FTC.
- Ensure that all payroll changes notified by HR are correctly entered into the Payroll Bureau software and the resultant payroll is checked to ensure that the payments are correct.
- Producing monthly payroll journal and supplying payroll analysis to internal customers.
- Reconciliation of payroll related balance sheet accounts and ensuring all resultant payments and data loads are completed on time.
- Dealing with general payroll correspondence and queries. e.g. Tax, NIC, employees etc.
- Completing all annual tax filings, including P11Ds and dealing with resultant queries.
- Production of the annual pension return, reconciliation to the monthly payments and the general ledger then resolving any queries.
- Ensuring all parent company payments to senior executives for incentive programs and share-based schemes are correctly recorded on the payroll and notified to the individuals.
- Updating the system approvers for employee expenses.
- Ad-hoc reports and data analysis.
- Attention to accuracy and completeness.
- Should behave in a professional and confidential manner due to the sensitive nature of the data handled.
- A minimum of 5 years' practical experience of UK based payrolls with a good understanding of the underlying PAYE and Benefits system rules.
- Good time management to ensure all tasks are completed to immoveable deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels both within the organisation and externally.
- A flexible approach to deal with the demands of the uneven workload throughout the month
- Has the confidence to raise issues of concern and, where appropriate, shows the initiative to deal with them.
- Must take responsibility for completion of tasks but also know when to escalate if problems aren't getting resolved promptly.
- A good level of computer literacy, particularly Excel. Prior experience of Oracle would be an advantage.
- It will be very beneficial if you have ASP Freedom experience
As well as a generous salary, my client are offering a fantastic range of benefits!