Biomedical Engineering Team Leader
Our client is the world's largest independent integrated healthcare technology management provider, with more than 1.4 million medical devices under management in more than 1,700 healthcare facilities in 18 countries.
They are looking for a Biomedical Engineering Team Leader to join their team within their Clinical Engineering Services. Reporting to the Clinical Engineering Department Manager, the role holder will manage the day-to-day front-line technical services provided by the department, managing a team of Biomed Engineers providing daily on-site repair, Preventative Maintenance (PM), Medical Equipment Library (MEL) and Asset Management of medical devices within specified hospital locations.
- To implement directions and strategy from the Clinical Engineering Services Manager and directly support the Clinical Engineering Services Manager as and when needed
- To induct, develop, support, monitor and lead a team of Biomed Engineers to ensure customer satisfaction and to exceed contract KPIs
- To supervise and monitor the workload of the team, allocating team members to optimize productivity as and when needed
- Assist helpdesk facility, by speaking to clinical staff and OEMs to provide updates and advice on repairs, technical queries related to the daily services provided by the clinical engineering services department.
- To monitor the database to ensure repairs and monthly PM jobs are allocated, updated accordingly and completed and closed as per company standards within the specified timeframes and KPI requirements.
- To complete repairs as required on medical equipment as per manufacturer’s guidelines
- To allocate monthly PMs to engineers, including team leader, and to perform scheduled PMs on medical equipment as per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- To travel to various sites as required to perform Corrective and Preventive Maintenance
- To ensure admin and paperwork associated with repairs and PMs as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures, including reporting (e.g. PM & CNL Letters) are completed within the specified timeframes.
- To comply with the Quality Assurance and Environmental, Health & Safety policies, and work to maintain a high standard of customer service and health & safety
- Promptly raise any concerns regarding potential violations of the policies.
- Maintaining service documentation in line with business requirements
- Responsible for escalating and defining necessary resources to maintain equipment.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers for spare part and contract quotations
- Ensure data integrity within the company’s management systems
- Deal with OEM service staff and management when required
- Maintain COSHH, tools and test equipment in line with company Standards
- Ensure safety, tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities, including disposal of WEE items
- Seek opportunities to grow business
- Attend customer meetings when required
- Review ways to improve productivity and reduce operating expenditure
- ONC/OND in a related Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Excellent Technical Skills across a range of equipment types and risks
- PC literate (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a hospital workshop or field service environment
- Ability to work on Anaesthetic Machines and Ventilators
- Previous stock and spare part management
- Experience of GE Aestiva 7900 and Blease Genius, and related models
- Previous staff and workshop management
- Ability to lead a team to meet targets