Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst to join a fast-paced and dynamic team.
This role plays a pivotal part in shaping how Abcam improves its inventory valuation, gross margin analysis.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in audit, internal controls and/or cost accounting.
- Managing and running the monthly Period Close Process for Inventory and Cost of Sales for the UK entity.
- Building and maintaining complex models for costing, analysis, and forecasting of new and existing products within the UK entity.
- Support with External Audit activities, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place and adhered to.
- Partnering with Supply Chain, to report, control, and forecast Inventory movements.
- Partnering with Manufacturing and Logistics, to provide inventory controls, analysis of costs and support of process improvements.
- Partnering with the Tax Department on the UK R&D claim.
Requirements and Skills:
The work load is diverse and time pressured, so you will be "right first time" type of person, comfortable keeping plates spinning whilst always delivering on time and to a high standard.
Constantly striving for improvement, you will challenge the status quo and look for innovative and creative ways to solve problems and improve processes.
You will be comfortable working directly with lab based and operational staff, supporting them with appropriate analysis and controls (not just sat in the Finance department).
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) ideally with experience in an accounting practice.
- Experience in SAP, Oracle or similar ERP System.
- Advanced MS Excel experience is required.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If this sounds like you, join us in our HQ at the brand-new facilities on the Biomedical Campus, South of Cambridge.
To be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please click on "APPLY" now!
No agencies please.