Finance Business Partner
To provide indirect leadership to the finance department through demonstration of the required characteristics: do the basics well, continuous-improvement minded, productive, excellent communication skills, customer-focussed, creative.
The client is a multi-functioning global business who continue to grow in the local market here in Scotland. They are forward thinking, value communication and engagement and are highly acquisitive.
- Function as a contributing member of the assigned business operating teams.
- Assist in coordination of the strategic, financial, capital and manpower planning process as well as budgeting for the assigned businesses and the Group.
- Provide monthly in-depth operational analysis for the assigned businesses.
- Develop relationship with EMEA shared services, participating in and initiating improvement initiatives, including planning and delivering transfer of further non-value added processes into shared services.
- Prepare and present studies, projects, analysis and reports as required.
- Assist management in improving operational results.
- Assist the Group in maximizing the use of the accounting system(s).
- Drive continuous improvement in financial processes.
- Responsibility for Cash Management including control of cash handling through to the local bank reconciliation
- Participate in the accounting activities that are part of the monthly and annual accounting close for the businesses serviced and the Group.
- Assist in the creation and production of all statements and reports. Responsible for the evaluation and analysis of income statement, cash flow and balance sheet activity within the businesses serviced.
- Initiate and participate in the design, development, maintenance and implementation of information systems within the business.
- Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of accounting and operational systems and procedures within the business.
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
Qualified Accountant e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Bachelor's degree and three or more years of successful accounting related experience
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to maintain a strong controls environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercially astute
- Ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organisation whether verbally, visually or written; strong influencing skills.
- Demonstrable financial and operational experience
On offer is a highly competitive salary for a development role with a global brand. The successful candidate has the opportunity to grow and be part of a new and dynamic set up.