Accounts Payable Supervisor
SF Group are working with a vibrant and evolving business based in Castle Donington who are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Supervisor. This is a fantastic opportunity for some one who is looking to join a business who really invest in their staff and are offering a highly competitive salary and package.
Key Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Supervisor:
- Lead the Accounts Payable team to ensure all work required is completed on time and accurately.
- Co-ordinate activities within the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly and quarterly financial results.
- Organise the allocation of workload within the Purchase Ledger team.
- Ensure all invoices are registered on receipt and ensure that all invoices have the appropriate ledger code.
- Check invoiced expenditure has been incurred in accordance with the documented authorisation process and challenge deviations from protocol.
- Oversee the reconciliation of all supplier statements, and that appropriate actions are taken to ensure the ledger represents a true and fair position in relation to each ledger.
- Manage the accurate payment of suppliers for goods and services, in line with the agreed terms.
- Highlight new or changing risks within our supplier base.
- Ensure all records and relevant records are archived in line with agreed standards.
- Support and implement actions to optimise working capital as directed by the Finance Manager and Head of Transactions.
- Support internal and external audit teams by ensuring that relevant documentation is prepared in advance and co-ordinate prompt responses to any issues raised.
- Manage customer deductions, liaising with Credit Control and treasury.
- Lead team of direct reports.
- The preparation of period-end AP reports.
- Provide necessary inputs from AP into cash flow and working capital modelling.
- Any other task as may be deemed necessary from time to time by management.
Skills and Experiences:
- A Self starter with the ability to use own initiative to resolve problems
- Commitment to getting the job done in a pro-active enthusiastic manner
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft office packages with exceptional Excel skills
- Good Team Work
- Effective relationship-management skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude in a demanding environment.
Please get in touch if you would like some more information on this exciting new role.