Due to extensive growth we are seeking a meticulous, dedicated Payroll Assistant to join our existing head office payroll team in Prescot, Merseyside.
We are looking for someone to act as the first point of contact for all payroll queries, internal and external, to the business. The successful candidate will provide direct support to the payroll team and team leader in the running of weekly/ monthly payrolls with the focus being on professionalism and prompt service.
The core hours are 9:00am -18:00pm Monday to Friday.
- £16,000-£18,000 negotiable depending on experience
- Service-related annual leave
- Birthday leave
Duties and responsibilities include:
- General payroll duties such as processing new starters and leavers, maintaining payroll records and other ad hoc duties
- Responding to employees regarding queries professionally and promptly
- Liaising with external payment agencies and internal departments in a professional and timely manner
- Provide support and guidance to employees and Managers on payroll related queries
- Help and support Payroll Team members as required
- Any other ad hoc duties
To apply for this role you will need:
- Experience in Microsoft packages, especially Excel
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience of working towards and meeting deadlines
- Previous experience of working with an internal/in house Payroll system
- Experience of using Webroster
- Knowledge of Sage Accounts/Sage Payroll
CRG is an equal opportunities employer. CRG operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days, please take your application as not being successful this time.