Internal Communications Manager
Pursue a career at SHL!
Strong Connections • Curiosity • Fearless Innovation • Impact
At SHL, the global leader in talent innovation, we help companies transform productivity through deeper people insight. Powering the future of business, our data and assessment tools are proven to drive stronger, more sustainable business outcomes. More at shl.com.
Do you excel in unlocking the potential of people within organisations through the art of effective communications? Do you have a curious mind and want to push the boundaries in a forever changing world? We are seeking an Internal Communications Manager to join our HR team. As an Internal Communications Manager you will provide both strategic and tactical employee communication consultancy, advice and support to the CEO, senior leadership and management teams. Building and driving creative communications that are strategically relevant and engaging, which support the achievement of corporate objectives and the delivery of corporate goals and messages. Success is someone who has the ability to work strategically and hands on, with a desire to find solutions.
- Work closely with Executive Management to develop a global internal communications strategy.
- Translate the internal communications strategy into tactical programs and channels.
- Develops creative ways to communicate key messages from senior management and the investment team to other employees (including message, tone, positioning, timing, frequency, and method of delivery).
- Plan, develop and lead internal communications which build corporate culture and employee commitment to, the vision, strategic direction, values, activities and policies of SHL.
- Provide a focal point for communications activity planning, supporting senior management to optimise their own internal communications.
- Help build morale and improve colleague engagement by providing a clear understanding of how individuals fit into the overall organisation and the impact their work has on others.
- Support and enable the achievement of business goals by advising on, developing, managing and delivering high impact internal communications programmes, events and campaigns.
- Set example of best practice and continuous improvement by developing and implementing internal communications standards, principles and policies ensuring IC is well known and well regarded across the organisation.
- Help embed a common communications infrastructure across SHL: Providing the frameworks, channels, policies and support to allow feedback and the two-way flow of communication throughout SHL, ensuring transparency in the process. Ensuring internal and external messages are fully integrated across all stakeholder groups and totally aligned.
- Planning, editing and developing relevant content and messaging for a variety of communication campaigns that our people will understand, find insightful, engaging and inspires them to get involved.
- Gathers information from across the global business and presents updates to employees on a consistent basis.
- Organizes and develops content and logistics for all-employee town hall meetings; produces content and talking points.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience of developing and implementing communication strategy in a geographically and culturally diverse organisation
- Technology savvy including the use of Sharepoint, Office 365 and social media tools
- Strategic thinker, able to see the larger picture and understand the implications of business activity on various business functions and employee constituencies
- Track record of coaching, advising and working effectively with senior members of an organisation
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills within all levels of the an organisation
- Proven success in managing the communications aspects of change
- Understanding of measurement and evaluation tools, techniques and standards
- Confident and articulate communicator, with experience of dealing with internal customers and negotiating with external suppliers
- A demonstrable understanding of the uses, strengths and weaknesses of various communications channels
- Proactive, assertive and ability to use initiative
- Event Management
- Copy writing skills
Our Ideal Candidate Also Has:
- Evidence of being a self-starter
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills (particularly at senior level)
- In-depth knowledge of the visual and written aspects of brand values
- Creative thinker consistently looking for new ways to inspire and engage
- Ability to work strategically and hand on with desire to find solutions
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
What SHL Can Offer You:
- A culture comprised of diverse, global teams who have a passion for collaboration and client service.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Support, coaching, and on-the-job development to achieve career success.
- The ability to engage, influence, and impact a broad array of the world’s leading executives.