Academic Coach - West Midlands area
Academic Coach in Solihull needed!
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great College on an exciting new role in the Solihull area.
Starting from after February half term, the College are recruiting for a Progress Coach to join their team for 2 days a week (Wednesday and Friday). This will be a temporary role/
• The Students and behaviour and attendance is very good
• The College has a high proportion of students that advance onto higher education
• This year the pass rate for 25 courses was 100%
• Will be to support student achievement and progression
• To take a lead responsibility for the support, progression, well-being and development of the students allocated to their Coaching Sets
• To have responsibility for the development, planning and assessment of resources and schemes of work for coaching activities under the leadership framework agreed with senior staff to this role
• To act as UCAS referee for a caseload of students, taking responsibility for the checking and timely completion and sending of UCAS applications
What you will need:
• Experience in the following areas up to the equivalent of a level 3:
o Youth work
o Social Work
o Learning Support
o Careers and guidance
• The ability to work safely with young people
• Motivate and stretch young people
• Effective personal communication skills
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
• One point of contact
• Weekly pay
• Competitive pay rates
• 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
• The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
• Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face. If you are interested in registering in person, please give us a call on .
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business