Lean & Six Sigma Practitioner
Our client, a global manufacturer supplying into the fire and defence sector, have an urgent requirement for Lean & Six Sigma Practitioners. They are seeking a confident, dynamic, results orientated individual, to work on a permanent basis. The role is offering a very competitive salary, as well as good training and development opportunities.
Acting as a change agent, co-ordinating and driving projects which will lead towards performance improvement, cost reductions and increase competitive advantage. Review and improve business and production processes, and support systems which will maintain and achieve strategic operational objectives. Focusing on ensuring adherence to corporate country and plant standards, by providing consistent measuring, monitoring and performance improvements to safe guard assets and drive change within the business.
The role involves a significant amount of project management in all areas of manufacturing, engineering, production and operations. Providing technical support and analysis, including utilising LEAN Six Sigma and industrial performance tools to ensuring the successful completion of projects.
- Analyse current working methods and implement improvements to optimise the efficiency, quality and design of the manufacturing processes using system tools such as CAD & SAP
- Develop robust and effective methods of quality control systems
- Introduce methods and proactive improvements tools that support corporate and plant standards
- Create documentation to ensure quality standards are maintained in all areas of operations which include SOS’s, Process Maps, Process Flow and global method standards
- Develop and maintain global and regional communication channels to ensure BEST practice is achieved
- Project manage daily issues to ensure defined success factors are achieved and project scope is maintained
- Coach and mentor team members in the use of LEAN Six Sigma and performance improvement tool to support employee development
- Maintain regional and plant reporting tools to ensure operational KPI’s are fully communicated
- Engineer improvements to increase material yield, and production operation costs, and minimise overheads.
- Educated to HND or Degree level in Mechanical/Production Engineering, or similar experience in a manufacturing environment.
- In-Depth Knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma.
- Use of CAD to design and improve tooling and fixturing Capable with Project software, minitab, Igrafx, etc..
- Project Management Experience
- Computer skills, Company operates SAP R/3
- Effective problem solving capabilities and techniques
- Must be people orientated with good influential and communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and initiate remedial actions
- Ability to influence at all levels of the business Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the Organisation
- Exposure to international travel
Dynamic person with 'impact’ who will influence, develop, and who really wants to make a difference whilst exceeding internal & external customer expectations.
- Zoom in on process improvement: Overseeing business processes
- Pursue Results: Setting clear goals, Problem analysis and solving
- Be assertive: Ability to handle/solve conflicts by adopting a win-win approach
- Take decisions: Decisive
- Care about the customer: Customer and service oriented
- Take the Lead: Self driven, pro-active approach with a good ability to prioritise and work without close supervision
- Be a coach & Mentor and Create networks
- Ability to work as part of a management team and with cross functional teams.