Responsibility for the purchasing, project management, planning and logistics functions for a global leader in packaging within the apparel and footwear industry. Reporting into the Senior Supply Chain & Operations Manager EMEA, this role will be accountable for the set-up, planning and purchasing of a defined product range, ensuring that all elements of this are covered in order to maintain stock levels and supply to customers.
My client is a global leader in functional materials and labelling solutions for the retail apparel and footwear industry who serves customers in the consumer packaging, logistics, apparel industrial and health care industries.
- Project management of the start up of the new business unit in the UK Distribution Centre.
- Procurement, planning and forecasting in order to manage inventory levels and maximise service to the customer while hitting inventory level and working capital targets.
- Working with the Warehouse team to ensure the effective flow of products from supply source through to the customer.
- Coordinating the receipt and shipping of all goods to maintain service metrics.
- Developing and implementing new processes and policies.
- Coordinating with the EU and Global Procurement team to ensure all import requirements are covered.
- Continuously improving performance standards and processes, in conjunction with the Senior Leadership team.
- Proactive approach to work
- Resilient and results orientated with a strong quality focus and can work to tight deadlines
- Examples of developing and implementing lean processes
- Management Experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong influencing skills
Competitive salary and package