Council Tax Officer - Recovery
Anglia Revenues Partnership has an opportunity available for a Council Tax Officer - Recovery to join us in Thetford. You will join uson a full time basis and in return will receive asalary of £18,028 – £22,668 per annum.
As our Council Tax Officer - Recovery you will assist in the billing, collection & recovery of Council Tax, ensuring Council Tax income is received promptly & efficiently.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Council Tax Officer - Recovery:
- Administer and process all types of council tax billing and recovery functions, within agreed targets, including the negotiation of payment arrangements and the monitoring of subsequent recovery
- Deal with customer correspondence and enquiries in person, by email, by telephone or by letter, providing an excellent, polite and courteous public service at all times
- Deal with reports and other general tasks that are the responsibility of the Revenues Department
- Liaise with all departments of the council/ARP, government departments, external bodies such as Debtors, Bailiffs, Enforcement Agents, Valuation Office and members of the general public
- Process all types of Council Tax or Business Rates enquires by operating various IT systems within targets set at any time
- Be familiar with and keep own knowledge up to date regarding Council Tax or Business Rates legislation, process, procedures and policies
Skills and experience required to become our Council Tax Officer - Recovery:
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with conflict
- Good general education - 2 GCSE grades A-C or relevant Revenues experience
- Demonstrate good numerical and writing skills
- Knowledge of computer packages, including the Microsoft Suite and have the sufficient knowledge and skill to be able to use computers effectively
- Demonstrate experience or understanding of customer care
- Demonstrate ability to deal with customer enquiries in an appropriate, diplomatic and professional manner
- Be able to remain calm during stressful circumstances
In return for joining us, we can offer you:
- Competitive starting salary £18,028
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards Package
Interested? If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as our new Council Tax Officer - Recovery then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: 27th February 2019.