Our client is a rapidly expanding on line retailer and due to their continued expansion Staffbase have been appointed to recruit for the position of Bicycle Technician.
The successful applicant will be based at our client's warehouse /workshop near Oakham.
Reporting to the senior technician you will undertake repairs and maintenance work on the full range of bikes from entry level to high end specifications.
- Assemble new bicycles and inspect / test prior to dispatch.
- Taking personal responsibility for the quality of all work undertaken, ensuring check lists and other workshop records are fully maintained, with an emphasis on delivering a high level of customer service.
- Taking bookings, dealing with enquiries, communicating with customers by telephone, electronically and in person. Dealing with customer's issues and problems as required. Helping visitors to the workshop.
- Ensuring all work is undertaken having regard to health and safety standards, recognising that the workshop represents a potentially hazardous working environment.
- Undertaking sales on the workshop front desk by providing a friendly and efficient service to customers, responding to their specific needs
You will have a good technical knowledge of cycle repairs, with cycle retail experience and ideally Cytech qualified.
You will have the ability to quickly diagnose a wide variety of mechanical problems and fault find a large range of products.
You will have good customer care skills, in selling associated parts and accessories, while also delivering an excellent service to a wide variety of cyclists.
Applicants with a passion for cycling will be preferred.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday
28 days annual leave