JOB SUMMARY: This role can be based at any of our 11 offices in Lincolnshire
The manager is responsible for contributing significantly to the provision of specialist tax advice and planning for clients both within a portfolio of clients and on special projects with a focus on Personal Tax. Also to ensure that all staff under his/her control receive necessary job training and support to meet business and personal goals.
CTA is not required and could be supported subject to approval.
- To manage a portfolio of clients. Working with and answering queries from Director and clients in a timely and accurate manner within agreed limits of responsibility, including tax compliance advice.
- To undertake ad hoc tax projects/ advisory work either for the existing client portfolio in agreement with the relevant Director or for other clients as appropriate.
- Responsibility for managing all work and billing within a portfolio and project work, ensuring budgets are met.
- Assisting the Director with tax advisory work.
- To provide advice and assistance to individuals within the practice as and when required.
- To keep up to date with changes in tax legislation and the application of this knowledge to clients affairs.
- To identify opportunities when reviewing client affairs and action these as appropriate.
- To develop others within the tax team with technical ability as well as their general development.
- To develop relationships with clients to build networking skills and identify opportunities for other work within the group.
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients. To understand their business, and also to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their Director.
- To promptly report to their Director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc
- ATT and/or CTA qualified are desirable but not essential or equivalent with a detailed knowledge of UK tax legislation and implications for clients.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective staff management and communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills including the management of client expectations.
- To ensure that staff under the manager’s control are supported and assist them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development.
- To ensure that all staff within his/her supervision receive effective job training and experience to compliment their studies, whilst at the same time meeting work priorities.
- Must be able to work well with other Managers/ Senior Managers and ensure the department works well as a team.