Electrical Maintenance Technician
Our client a market leader in their industry are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician to join their expanding maintenance team.
- Fault find, carry out repairs, and maintain production equipment and ancillary equipment keeping them in optimum condition.
- Carry out routine inspections and either repair or report defects to management.
- To provide support and assistance to the production and engineering departments as well as improving the service provided by the maintenance department as a whole.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To perform the duties of shift Electrical Maintenance Technician.
- Improve machinery and facilities reliability through maintenance activities, modification and good engineering practises.
- To carry out routine maintenance activities ensuring equipment performance is maintained and optimised.
- Carry out fault finding and repairs in breakdown situations, using engineering drawings and machine manuals.
- The position requires the ability to work in partnership with production operators and managers as well as other maintenance technicians and management.
- The post-holder should be able to demonstrate hands on mechanical dexterity skills as well as being a competent fault finder on electrical circuits and components and PLC controlled systems.
- Ensuring that the current plant equipment is correctly maintained on a day to day basis allowing it to be operated to its maximum efficiency and capability to meet business KPI's.
- To assist the engineering team with projects to modify processes to improve performance and in the decommissioning of redundant equipment and the installation of new equipment.
- Carry out PPM tasks for all key equipment.
- Assist the MRO team maintain spare parts stores stock levels & records.
- Work alongside external suppliers / contractors.
- Undergo training to maintain or improve competency and skill levels.
- Carry out any other such reasonable job related tasks as the company may require you to undertake from time to time.
- This position is required to undertake all electrical activities on their shift as well as carry out mechanical work and welding / fabrication work if competent to do so. This position will operate with a degree of autonomy working within the parameters of department deliverables and health and safety legislation.
- Engineering qualification in electrical maintenance.
- Maintaining production machinery.
- Understanding engineering drawings and principles.
- Numeracy and ability to understand numerical data.
- Good understanding of engineering and quality standards.
- £31,145.48 per annum.
- Continental shift pattern, 2 days, 2 nights.
- Holiday package.
- Pension scheme.
- Additional benefits.