Lead software Engineer
Lead software Engineer
- Exceptional benefits
- World class Manufacturing company
- Health care
- Career progression
We currently have a terrific opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join a prestigious business based near Greenford, Middlesex. Leading a team of 5-20 Engineers with project values up to several million pounds.
Purpose of the role:
To support the software development lifecycle consisting of requirements analysis, design, implementation, test and verification in order to deliver runtime environment and software components into projects and products.
To support the deployment and maintenance of runtime environment and software components.
To conduct software engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team, adhering to Engineering Function processes or project specific tailoring of those processes.
- Develop, mentor and lead a team of professional software engineers across embedded RTOS, Windows and Linux platforms in order to provide a capable and multi-skilled team.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and toolchain are selected.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of software for multiple projects to ensure the delivery of high quality software.
- Work closely with the system and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
- Ensure that all work within the software team is of sufficient quality and is carried out according to process, and that the software development and configuration control plans are adhered to.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
- Significant experience of at least one of the following; embedded product development (including RTOSes), Windows and Linux application and driver development.
- Previous experience of line management, resource management and implementing process improvements.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
Experience of DOORS, UML and SysML would be advantageous.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment company in relation to this position.