Our client in the Portsmouth area, is seeking a Bench Technician to undertake pattern finishing and assembly to high standard.
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
• Working with various materials including clay, metals, plastics, timber, composites, model board and foam to produce high quality fine tolerance models using a large range of hand and machine tools.
• Reading and understanding engineering drawings and CAD data.
• Working from job instructions and work procedures.
• Automotive pattern making experience, including hand finishing of machined patterns, shuttering of patterns for moulding purposes and blocking up of model board for CNC machining.
• Manual Machining - lathes, panel saw and disc grinders.
• Responsibility for quality of work.
• Faro Arm inspection an advantage but not necessity.
• Forklift license an advantage but not necessity.
• Computer literate.
Potential bench lead to the right candidate.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.