Senior Product Manager
To have full responsibility of given catalogues/product ranges/digital platform within the Basic Skills division. The Senior Product Manager must ensure that these ranges are growing in line with divisional expectations and that we are always ahead of the competition with regard to catalogue, website, innovation and new product development. The role holder will be responsible for identifying multiple channels to market.
A main feature of this role is to develop unique, commercially viable products that will enhance the current product offering, together with globally sourcing new factored lines that will be fundamental to the growth of the catalogue/web/product ranges and ultimately the division and the TTS business.
- Liaising with customers - practitioners, advisors, teachers etc. confidently and
- Develop NPD lines with an acceptable margin that will generate forecasted revenues.
- Produce accurate and effective management reports relevant to the division.
- Responsibility for developing content, format, photography and copy of their given catalogue ranges, accuracy of PIM.
- Contribute to the divisions digital platform.
- Maintain an up to date commercial awareness of pricing, competitors, government education policy and the education market in general.
- Prioritise personal activity towards achieving agreed business aims.
- Attend meetings and liaise with other internal departments.
- Represent the division and the company at exhibitions and events.
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges.
- Assist with the development of a Marketing Strategy, customer development and retention plans and other direct mail, PR and advertising as may be necessary.
Skills & experience
- A strong educational background. A degree qualification in a related subject and/or relevant professional qualifications would be advantageous.
- A high degree of IT literacy - detailed knowledge and practice of MS Office.
- Previous Marketing experience, preferably gained within the Education or FMCG sector.
- Results focussed and highly organised with excellent planning and time management skills.
- Ability to represent the Company professionally at all times, tailoring your communication style as required to suit a wide variety of audiences.
- Sound negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Full UK driving licence with no more than six points.
You would be entitled to the following benefits:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Life Assurance
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Give As You Earn (GAYE)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Voluntary Dental Plan
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Voluntary Critical Illness Cover
- Voluntary Health Assessments
Closing date: Wednesday 13th February 2019