VAT Finance Assistant
This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to persue a great career in finance!
My client are a market leader in their field and offer a fantastic work environment.
- Support the preparation of VAT returns to appropriate deadlines.
- Investigate and address any queries arising from the VAT returns.
- Make VAT payments.
- Investigate new VAT registrations and VAT on new products as required.
- Review VAT on show set ups.
- Answer business and customer queries about VAT.
- Liaise with Tax Back International about VAT reclaims on expenses.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of allocated bank accounts, investigating and clearing reconciling items promptly Reconciling other allocated balance sheet accounts.
- Produce analysis for Tax Computations for all group companies Provide cover for other members of the Financial Accounts team.
- A good basic understanding of VAT
- A drive for accuracy and completeness.
- Practical experience of the basics of accountancy and reconciliations.
- Good time management to ensure tasks are completed to tight deadlines.
- Clear communication skills to ensure reconciling items are correctly followed up by the creator both in terms of correcting the actual error and, where necessary, correcting the process.
- Must take responsibility for completion of tasks but also know when to escalate if problems aren't getting resolved promptly.
- A good level of computer literacy, particularly Excel. Prior experience of Oracle would be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to explain VAT issues, both verbally and in writing, to non-Finance people.
- May be in the early stages of studying for an Accountancy qualification, but equally acceptable for the person to be qualified by experience.
As well as a generous salary, my client are offering a range of employee benefits.